Fill this in and post to your story on social. Be sure to tag Point O’Pines.
News From The Point
Month: May 2020
The Point @ Home – Donuts by Tom the Baker
Cake Donut Recipe (PDF)
IMPORTANT: An adult must be present when making this recipe.
|Ingredient||Small Batch||Large Batch|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 ½ cups||5 cups|
|Baking Powder||4 tsp||8 tsp|
|Sugar||1 cup||2 cups|
|Salt||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Clove||½ tsp||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||¼ tsp||½ tsp|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Milk||1 cup||2 cups|
Directions for making donuts
1. Add dry ingredients to mixer and blend until combined.
2. Add softened butter to dry ingredients, blend until it begins to form clumps.
3. Add your wet ingredients and blend on a higher speed until smooth. The batter will start to pull
away from the sides of the bowl and make “legs”
4. Put dough into a dispenser for donuts (or use a small scoop for donut holes)
Directions for frying the dough
1. Heat 2” of oil in a pot to 365 degrees, do not leave unattended.
2. Carefully dispense/scoop dough into hot oil without overcrowding.
3. As your donuts cook, flip when they get golden brown, cook the other side.
4. Remove donuts from oil using a slotted spoon.
5. Coat in cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, or dip in chocolate as you please.
The Point @ Home – We’re in this together
Our oldest campers have a very special message to share with our camp community. We love you girls, and thank you for putting this together.
The Point @ Home – Guess Where This Is Photo Game
Can you guess where this photo was taken? If you think you know it, tell us some of your favorite things to do in this area!
Here is a clearer version of this photo… Can you get it now? Remember to tell us some of your favorite things about this area in camp!
And the answer is…
The Point @ Home – Getting Artsy with Annie – Shrinky Dinks
Let’s get artsy with Annie! Today, Annie will show us how to create a shrinky dink at home. She will show us how to make this camp favorite using recycled plastic. For this project, you will need a plastic container (Plastic type 6), scissors, sharpies, and a nail file. A hole punch is optional as well.
Feel free to follow along with the video or come back to it later. We LOVE seeing your finished projects. Please send us pictures of your shrinky dinks. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have fun!