Baggage Delivery to Camp
Families who live in the following locations will arrange for luggage to be picked up via Camp Trucking, Inc. (www.camptrucking.com; 970-949-0690). If you wish to use their services to transport your daughter’s baggage to camp, please contact them directly. Camp Trucking will be communicating with you directly regarding all tags, other necessary information and baggage pick-up dates. Should any baggage problems or questions arise, you should contact Camp Trucking directly.
Camp Trucking services the following areas:
- New York (Westchester/NYC/Long Island)
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- Parts of Delaware
- Washington, DC
- Northern Virginia
- California (San Diego up to Sacramento)
- Montreal, QC
For parents in locations that Camp Trucking does not service, we recommend using ShipCamps (shipcamps.com/point-o’pines-camp-for-girls). We are equipped to receive baggage beginning Monday, June 5th. All baggage should be in camp by Tuesday, June 20th. Please make arrangements for ShipCamps baggage to be picked up at camp on Friday, August 11th.
Trunks and duffle bags should have the camper’s name written or embroidered in large letters for easy identification. If you are using your own lock on any baggage, please send an extra set of keys or a copy of the lock combination to our office before Camp. Please label all keys with your daughter’s name and group. All keys will be returned to you at the end of Camp. The baggage of Ti through Jr. B campers will be unpacked for them prior to their arrival.
NOTE: Please do not have campers carry large pieces of luggage on the buses either to or from Camp. Everything should be packed in the trunk or duffle except for some games, books, or a special stuffed animal that your daughter may want to have with her during her trip to camp.
Transportation To and From Camp
Please complete the Transportation and Baggage Form in your CampMinder account by April 1st so we can make appropriate arrangements for your daughter’s travel to and from Camp.
Here are the options for your daughter’s transportation to and from camp:
- Coach Bus – We coordinate coach bus transportation to/from camp in the following locations: New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and New Jersey. Timing and location details for coach bus locations are listed in the Transportation and Baggage Form in your CampMinder account.
- Plane – Campers from distant areas may choose to travel to/from camp via plane. The closest airport to us is Albany Airport; however, we can also arrange to pick-up and drop-off campers at JFK Airport. Please contact Max (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your daughter will be traveling to/from camp via plane. Max will provide guidance concerning the best timing and location for plane arrivals/departures.
- Car – Parents are welcome to drop off campers between 10 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. on opening day and pickup campers between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. on the last day of camp. Timing details are to avoid conflict with the coach bus arrival/departure times.
Opening Day: Saturday, June 24, 2023
Confirmation of Departure Point: During the week prior to camp, we will send you an email with a confirmation of your daughter’s departure details and any last-minute transportation notes.
Procedure at Bus Departure Point:
- Campers should be dressed in Camp Uniform (navy shorts or jeans, camp uniform shirt, and a sweatshirt).
- Campers should have a NUT-FREE lunch and drink to eat on the bus.
- All snacks on the bus must be nut-free.
- Please limit labeled hand baggage to what your daughter can easily carry on and off the bus.
- Cell phones are not permitted at camp and we ask that your daughter does not bring her cell phone on the bus.
- Please be prompt – we recommend that you arrive at your daughter’s bus departure point 45 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- Sign-In: There will be a responsible Camp representative in charge of departure. Register your child and have her go directly to her assigned bus with her baggage.
- Please stay back from the boarding area after your daughter boards the bus. Your cooperation is most important and will be appreciated.
- Please smile and say a quick goodbye as this will facilitate a smooth and happy departure.
Campers will return home on Friday, August 11, 2023. In August, you will receive an email notice confirming your daughter’s transportation home from camp.