Transportation and BaggageGetting your daughter to & from camp
Baggage Delivery to Camp
From all locations in the continental U.S., baggage can be picked up directly at the camper’s home and transported to camp. You will need to arrange for this service directly through our baggage company: Camp Trucking, Inc. (www.camptrucking.com: 970-949-0690.) If you do not hear from Camp Trucking by May 15th and you wish to use their services to transport your daughter’s baggage to camp, please contact them directly. Camp Trucking will be communicating with you directly regarding all tags, other necessary information and baggage pick-up dates. Should any baggage problems or questions arise, you should contact Camp Trucking directly.
For parents in locations that Camp Trucking does not service (i.e., outside of the continental United States), we recommend using UPS or FedEx. You will need to arrange for both baggage drop off and pick up with UPS or FedEx directly. We are equipped to receive baggage beginning Friday, June 8th. All baggage should be in camp by Tuesday, June 19th. Please make arrangements for UPS baggage to be picked up at camp on Friday, August 10th.
We will have a truck at Albany airport on opening day to transport baggage arriving with campers by plane.
Trunks and duffle bags should have the camper’s name written or embroidered in large letters for easy identification. If you are using your own lock on any baggage, please send an extra set of keys or a copy of the lock combination to our office before Camp. Please label all keys with your daughter’s name and group. All keys will be returned to you at the end of Camp. The baggage of Ti through Jr. B campers will be unpacked for them prior to their arrival.
NOTE: Please do not have campers carry large pieces of luggage on the buses either to or from Camp. Everything should be packed in the trunk or duffle except for some games, books, or a special stuffed animal that your daughter may want to have on the bus.
Transportation To/From Camp
Please complete the Camper Transportation Form in your CampMinder Forms Dashboard by April 1st so we can make appropriate arrangements for your daughter’s travel to and from Camp.
Departure Date – Saturday, June 23, 2018
Here are the details for our bus departure/arrival locations:
- New York City – 9:30 AM departure – Amsterdam Avenue between West 64th and West 62nd Streets on the East side of the block south of 64th street and behind Lincoln Center.
- Westchester – 10:15 AM departure – SUNY Purchase (Parking Lot W2)
- Long Island – 9:15 AM departure – Christopher Morley Park, Roslyn, NY (Northern Parking Lot)
- New Jersey – 10:30 AM departure – Paramus Park Mall, Paramus, NJ (Southwest Parking Lot)
- Philadelphia – 8:00 AM departure – SpringHill Suites Philadelphia/Plymouth Meeting, PA
- Car Arrivals – Campers arriving by car should arrive at camp between 10:00 a.m. and noon (lunch will be served at 12:30 PM).
Changing Assigned Departure Point: Please make any changes to your daughter’s transportation and baggage plans on the Transportation form located in your CampMinder Forms Dashboard.
Procedure at Bus Departure Point
- Please be certain your daughter dresses in Camp Uniform (navy shorts or jeans, camp uniform shirt and sweatshirt). Please check the weather forecast to determine if a rain jacket is necessary.
- Provide your daughter with a picnic lunch and a drink. We will supply more drinks and dessert later during the bus ride.
- Please be prompt – we recommend that you arrive at your daughter’s bus departure point 45 minutes before the scheduled departure.
- Sign-In: There will be a responsible Camp representative in charge of departure. Register your child and have her go directly to her assigned bus with her baggage.
- Please limit hand baggage. It is difficult for the girls to handle, and space is limited. Mark everything very clearly with your daughter’s name.
- Please stay back from boarding area after your daughter boards the bus. This will help the departure process and eliminate confusion and unnecessary strain on the campers. Your cooperation is most important and will be appreciated.
- Please smile and say a quick “goodbye,” as this will facilitate a smooth and happy departure.
Campers will return home on Friday, August 10, 2018. In August, you will receive an email notice confirming your daughter’s transportation home from camp.