Cake Donut Recipe (PDF)
IMPORTANT: An adult must be present when making this recipe.
|Ingredient||Small Batch||Large Batch|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 ½ cups||5 cups|
|Baking Powder||4 tsp||8 tsp|
|Sugar||1 cup||2 cups|
|Salt||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Clove||½ tsp||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||¼ tsp||½ tsp|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Milk||1 cup||2 cups|
Directions for making donuts
1. Add dry ingredients to mixer and blend until combined.
2. Add softened butter to dry ingredients, blend until it begins to form clumps.
3. Add your wet ingredients and blend on a higher speed until smooth. The batter will start to pull
away from the sides of the bowl and make “legs”
4. Put dough into a dispenser for donuts (or use a small scoop for donut holes)
Directions for frying the dough
1. Heat 2” of oil in a pot to 365 degrees, do not leave unattended.
2. Carefully dispense/scoop dough into hot oil without overcrowding.
3. As your donuts cook, flip when they get golden brown, cook the other side.
4. Remove donuts from oil using a slotted spoon.
5. Coat in cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, or dip in chocolate as you please.