Chocolate Chip Muffins (PDF)
yields 18-20 muffins
½ Cup Oil
1 Cup Sugar
½ Cup Milk (can be chocolate)
2 Eggs – beaten
1 Tsp Vanilla
2/3 cup Yogurt or sour cream
2 Cup A.P. flour
½ Cup Cocoa Powder
1 ½ Tsp Baking soda
½ Tsp Salt
2 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixer, add oil, sugar and milk. Mix until combined.
- Then add eggs and vanilla, mix.
- Add your AP flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until moist. Then scrape sides of bowl and add cocoa powder. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Gently fold in yogurt (or sour cream)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use paper liners or thoroughly spray muffin tins. Scoop batter into each spot, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Optional icing: After cooling, mix 1 cup of powdered sugar, a drop of oil or corn syrup, and a couple tbsp of water. Once liquid, drizzle over top of muffins.