Days Until Camp
Our next round: Can you guess who this favorite staff member is?
And the answer is…
- 10 Squats
- High Skip (20 yards)
- 10 Jumping jacks
- High Knees (20 yards)
- 10 Seal jacks
- Side shuffle (20 yards)
- 10 Crossovers
- Carioca (20 yards)
Skill Work – Running Form
Arm Action (Watch video for clear demonstration)
- Arms at a 90 degree angle
- Straight forward and back
- Practice moving arms back and forth
- Gradually increase speed
- Repeat 2-3x
Arms and Legs together
- Small skip with small arms
- Big skip with big arms
- Moving forward and backward with both
Upper Body Ladder
Go through the ladder 4x doing all movements forward and backward!
- Bear crawl
- Bear cub crawl
- Forward hand shuffle
- Lateral plank walk (Right)
- Lateral plank walk (Left)
FITNESS TEST OF THE DAY
How many plank to pike jumps can you do in one minute?
RECORD YOUR SCORE:______
(We will repeat some tests, so you can compare scores)
Fill this in and post to your story on social. Be sure to tag Point O’Pines.
Cake Donut Recipe (PDF)
IMPORTANT: An adult must be present when making this recipe.
|Ingredient||Small Batch||Large Batch|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 ½ cups||5 cups|
|Baking Powder||4 tsp||8 tsp|
|Sugar||1 cup||2 cups|
|Salt||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Clove||½ tsp||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg||¼ tsp||½ tsp|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|Milk||1 cup||2 cups|
Directions for making donuts
1. Add dry ingredients to mixer and blend until combined.
2. Add softened butter to dry ingredients, blend until it begins to form clumps.
3. Add your wet ingredients and blend on a higher speed until smooth. The batter will start to pull
away from the sides of the bowl and make “legs”
4. Put dough into a dispenser for donuts (or use a small scoop for donut holes)
Directions for frying the dough
1. Heat 2” of oil in a pot to 365 degrees, do not leave unattended.
2. Carefully dispense/scoop dough into hot oil without overcrowding.
3. As your donuts cook, flip when they get golden brown, cook the other side.
4. Remove donuts from oil using a slotted spoon.
5. Coat in cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, or dip in chocolate as you please.